Monday, May 4, 2015

Adventure Blog #2

Sunday 3 May, 2015
Last Sunday night I found myself back around Greenmount West because of an unfortunate event, due to something that happen to one of my friends family members. I took the opportunity to do some looking around. I stopped in front of the sign, that read "Future Site of Roberta's House" at first I thought the city was about to throw more housing up next to homes that were already there. After doing research I found out that the city plans to build a Grief and loss center for the community. I am just wondering what are they going to do with the homes next to the empty lot where this center is suppose to go. I understand that they are trying to do good for the community, but if no one trust the people coming in to the neighborhood how is this going to work? Also with a grief and loss center comes job opportunities who will these jobs be given to? Will they bring people in from somewhere or will they give the people in the community a chance? I guess we will have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment