Sunday, April 12, 2015

Adventure Blog

Saturday April 11, 2015

 
On Saturday I took a trip to green mount west which is also my sisters house. These apartments were built in 2013. The area where they are is a neighborhood that is not a very good one. It is a typical neighborhood to anyone that lives in Baltimore. But, to someone that is out of town it can be very dangerous. The apartment complex looks like it does not belong there. I say this because the surrounding area is a club, bar, homes, corner stores,and an abandoned thrift shop but, the apartments looks displace. Before it was apartments I remember it was an empty lot. It almost look like it could have been homes that were left to the city and torn down. On my adventure I played outside with my niece and nephew, we walked the neighborhood to get food from one of the store across the street. I stayed for a while until I got tired. The picture on the far right is an old thrift shop that sits across the street for the apartments. It went out of business about a year ago. I honestly do not know what they are going to turn it into because it has been like that for almost two years now. The space is big enough for the city to build a center for the youth without them having to ruin the neighborhood. I think it would be a good way to help the inner city youth because when I was outside I seen kids running around and on bikes playing, it look like they had nothing to do that was constructive to engage their minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment